I am always in search of new pieces to share with clients and I enjoy sharing my new finds, the good, bad and meh. Since it’s the new year and you may want to add a few key pieces to your wardrobe I wanted to share my White House Black Market try on.
A quick reminder that not all sizing is the same. Depending on the store and the brand, you may sometimes need to try on any given item in a size that is one to two sizes smaller or larger than the size you think you are. It’s not you, it’s the clothes. Companies have the clothes manufactured all over the world and the sizing standards have changed. Stores are also carrying a smaller selection of sizes and styles inside the stores so you may have to order online and have items shipped to you.
I tried five different pieces during my White House Black Market try on and they were a mix of sizes 14, L, or XL. I am 5’4” and normally wear a 14, 16, L or XL.
Here is how the different pieces fit:
- High-Rise Sculpt Skinny Flare Jeans – Size 14 – These jeans were high waisted, comfy and had some stretch in them but they were a little tighter than I would have liked.
- Clip Dot Mock Neck Blouse – Feathers – Size L – on sale – This top fit really well, the material was lightweight and I loved the print. It can be worn buttoned up for a mock neck look or unbuttoned.
- High Neck Lace Shell in Rose – Size 14 – This top has a little stretch to it, is soft and comfortable but the 14 was a little too snug around my waist. It was lightweight and I could have gone up to a size 16.
- Reversible Camisole in Vintage Indigo – Size L – On sale – I love the idea of a reversible camisole but this color is not my favorite. The camisole is soft, lightweight, and the right length but it fit a little snug in my waist. I could have gone up to the XL.
- Sleeveless Ponte Dress With Crest Button Detail (14) – This dress is stretchy, comfortable, and fit well. It moved with me and if I sized up it likely would have been too big. The buttons at the shoulders draw attention upward to the shoulders.
Would you wear any of these items from the White House Black Market try on? Need help finding your size? Reach out. I am here to help.