When you pack for a trip do you …
- Over pack?
- Never pack enough?
- Have the perfect number of outfits?
I took a quick four day trip to Boston last week and I packed:
- a jacket
- one pair of jeans
- one dress
- one skirt
- two shorts
- four tops
- one pair of pants
- sneakers, a pair of sandals, and heels
With these eleven pieces I was able to create the following looks:
🔅 Travel day plus explore the city outfit & a dinner outfit
🔅 Explore the city and baseball game outfits
🔅 Explore the city, dinner outfit plus baseball game outfit
🔅 Explore the city outfit plus a quick change into a travel outfit
I wore my jeans twice, the pants twice, and I wore the jacket several times. There was one top I didn’t wear. Tips I use to keep myself from overpacking are:
- Stick to a color scheme so everything can be mixed and matched
- Pick breathable fabrics
- Try on the outfit before you pack it to make sure you love it and are comfortable
- Plan outfits around your activities for the day
- Decide if you can re-wear certain pieces if you are only wearing them for a few hours
- Pick basics and/or neutrals that you can layer with and mix and match
Over the last few weeks I helped several clients update their look and helped them go from frustrated to fabulous by replacing outdated outfits with timeless pieces that can be easily coordinated to wear for any occasion. One client was leaving for an extended vacation and she texted me, “just wanted to let you know — I have never packed for a trip and had more clothes that I loved and wanted to take than I could realistically wear. This is such a great problem to have! Thank you again!”
If you are ready for a style re-invention reach out. I am here to help find just the right pieces that fit your lifestyle.